Re: [LAU] Google Magenta project's first composition

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2016 - 00:02:55 EEST

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 16:54:01 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Ralf Mardorf
><ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>

>> But he did, because he is a being with emotions.
>

>No, he didn't. Reich has stated very clearly the motivations and
>thoughts that went into his early work. They had nothing to do with
>conveying emotion.

You completely don't understand what I explain. He decided not to play
soccer, he decided to make music.

n Sat, 4 Jun 2016 22:52:32 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>On 06/04/2016 11:09 AM, tom haddington wrote:
>> One might observe that the machine wrote bad music. Well, humans are
>> already doing that, too, so Magenta has gotten at least that far! As
>> with chess machines, it may be a matter of time.
>
>Call me again once the google-cluster takes a break from indexing and
>processing in order to attend a concert and listen to some music for
>pure enjoyment.
>
>Also only a matter of time?
>
>Seen any long haired bit go byte-banging and bus-diving lately?! :)

Or making love/a baby computer while listening to music? It wouldn't
make sense, since computers are no living beings.

IIUC the coders intention wasn't to be the composers, by using this
Google thingy as a tool. The intention was to program a machine, that
has got the impetus itself.