Re: [LAU] Google Magenta project's first composition

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2016 - 08:40:12 EEST

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 13:38:03 -0700
Bob van der Poel <bob@mellowood.ca> wrote:

> ​It's easy to argue that a machine has no soul, etc.

> But, is machine produced music (or anything else for that matter)
> really just machine produced music? Or is it music produced by a real
> human who has directed or even created a machine to be an extension
> of himself? ​

It will depend how much 'freedom' the machine has. Yes, persons built
it, but aren't those persons making their utmost effort to develop a
machine that can come up with decisions taken on its own, independent
from the creators ? Isn't that the premise of artificial intelligence ?

If not, we are also made, somehow. Biological machines. But we think we
are free.

As a spin to this, Elon Musk, of Telsa, SpaceX, Paypal, etc, declared
yesterday that "we are ‘almost definitely’ living in a Matrix-style
simulation"