Re: [LAU] Keeping an audio channel open

From: Ffanci Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2016 - 08:05:05 EEST

Bob van der Poel, Jun 30 2016:
> (well, a bit more complex since the file is a midi and it's played via
> timidity).
>
> I find that the start of every song presents some distortion for about a
> second. I'm assuming that it has to do with the audio port being opened or
> initialized.
Hey hey Bob,
I just made sure and tested it with Timidity here. No such distortion. My Timidity uses JACK as its default output. Could it be your playback arrangement? I remember having similar issues with a pair of dynamic headphones, which could adjust incoming volume. If the incoming material was too loud, after a bit of silence, it would distort for a second.

Have you checked the issue with other sound sources? Some multimedia player? Or have you connected another playback device than your laptop to your amp? -- Granted perhaps stupid questions, but sometimes odd things do happen.

Ta-ta,

----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain