Re: [LAU] Screen Capture Application

From: S D <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2016 - 04:10:05 EEST

Thank you to Ralf Mardorf for recommending vokoscreen and to Neil C. Smith
and William Light for recommending simplescreenrecorder to use as a desktop
or window video-and-audio-capture program.

For this first attempt, I used vokoscreen (which worked very well, thank
you, Ralf), and for my next attempt I'll try simplescreenrecorder (after I
watch some of the videos produced by Neil Smith :-)

I dug up a composition from some years ago that I still had the tracks for,
in order to open them in Harrison's Mixbus 32C (which I hadn't heard about
until a few weeks ago here on the linux-audio-users list) and begin to
learn to mix audio, which has always seemed daunting to me. I decided to
try to make a YouTube video of the finished session (I am not nearly
confident enough yet to try to make a step-by-step real-time video of a
mixing session). If anyone cares to see the result and/or make any comments
(I would appreciate any help at all, and hopefully others can benefit from
the comments as well), it's here--

https://youtu.be/RorzyytX6OU

Thank you, everyone, especially Paul Davis for Ardour, Harrison Consoles
for using Ardour to create such a wonderful program that seems to work
perfectly and reliably on Linux, and the many helpful and inspiring people
on the linux-audio-users list including Glen MacArthur and Dave Phillips.

Steve Doonan