Re: [LAU] LinnStrument on Linux

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2016 - 00:10:21 EEST

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 22:23:54 +0200
Hanspeter Portner <dev@email-addr-hidden-music-kontrollers.ch> wrote:

> On 17.07.2016 22:14, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> > on channels 10-16. Set pitch bend range for channels 2-8 to 24000 cents, for channels 10-16 to 48000 cents.
>
> Should be 2400 and 4800 cents, of course :)

OK, I'm beginning to get a hazy idea of how this works - I hadn't realised you
expanded the pitch wheel range.

It should be fairly simple to create a new 'MPE mode' for zyn/yoshi based on
the incoming RPNs so that loading a new instrument into any part in the zone,
loads it in to all of them. That (combined with activate on load) would take out
the tedium. Presumably, normal MIDI program/bank change can be used to actually
load the instruments.

Like Fons, I'm curious about the function of the master channel.

Now, who can lend me a LinnStrument :P

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk