[LAU] Ardour 4, X32, and USB port

From: Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 08 2016 - 15:27:14 EEST

Hi All,

Using UBS 16.04, Ardour4, and the USB interface on the Behringer X32.
Lashed up with JACK.

The pc is a intel core i7, and I think I was using the usb3 port.

Recording seems to work well, few if any xruns.

But, playback is a different story. During playback, there are random
clicks (or pops or clacks, how ever it might be described). They don't
appear to be xruns.

The same thing happens when using, say, Clementine to playback, so I'm
guessing it's JACK, USB, or some other subsystem.

Any ideas on what I might try to fix it?

Regards,
Mac