[LAU] jam22: electronica improv

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2016 - 04:04:03 EEST

This one is a "one synth" type of thing, although with some drums and
percussion. It features a theme followed by two solos. A total
improvisation done rather quickly although some time was spent mixing
it, with several iterations evaluated over 2 weeks.

The synth is u-he's Hive. I yet do not make sounds and so I thank
people out there who are so creative in creating patches - for me it
is still some kind of mysterious art.

Cheers !

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam22

Hive instances:
 Bassline: Transmitting Spheres - ARP Bassline Ana
 Supporting arp: VSP Liquid Sounds - ARP Green
 Spurious chords: 'native' Howard Scarr Aerodrome
 Bass drum: 'native' KS Bassdrum gated
 Theme: Melodic Enchantement - TI Pulsar
 1st solo: Melodic Enchantement - TI Enigma Arts
 2nd solo: Melodic Enchantement - TI Travel in a dream
 Ambient: 'native' ETE Clouded

Percussions:
 Drums: Bluezone Downtempo - Dbox loop 1004
 Cymbals: Mode Audio BeatScenics - Greener Grass

Sketched out in Bitwig, single tracks exported pre fader into Mixbus
32C for mixing.

Mixbus: XT-EG, XT-DC on drums, XT-EG on bass drum. Reverb on various
mixbusses: Uhbik-A. Uhbik phaser on cymbals. Master bus: XT-ME, and a
Presswerk that despite its preset name of being 'Gentle loving' is
working quite a lot. Ambient, bassline and arp tracks were doubled
and panned. The copied bassline track was filtered highly to extract
only the midrange and then blended in back with the original.

Exported "sans norm"
 Integrated loudness: -17.7 LUFS
 Loudness range: 1.4 LU
 Peak: -1.5 dbFS