Re: [LAU] LADSPA Plugins from ALSA,would like some help, please !

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 19:50:47 EEST

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 10:54:01AM -0500, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Wed, September 7, 2016 9:22 am, bricolodu wrote:
> > I'm desapointed !
> > I dont feel that I have more Bass
>
> So do I understand the situation correctly as the hardware is a 2 inch/5cm
> speaker, and you are trying to give the impression of more bass by adding
> distortion?

It's not clear what the OP wants to do:

1. Create the impression of more bass by generating harmonics of the
   bass signals that the speaker can't reproduce, or

2. Create a new bass signal one octave below the original one.

The latter would be pointless when using a 2" speaker.

The first can be done in a limited frequency range. If your speaker
goes down to 120 Hz or so you can get the impression of lower bass
by generating enough harmonics (both even and odd) of the 50..120Hz
range. If the speaker cuts of at 250 Hz or so then just forget it,
it won't work. Some of the people I work with have tried to do this
for the tiny speakers used in smartphones, all they got was distortion
without more bass. Even in the frequency range where it works it's not
an easy effect to get right.

Ciao,

--
FA