Re: [LAU] LADSPA Plugins from ALSA,would like some help, please !

From: bricolodu <jean.beauve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 07 2016 - 22:16:01 EEST

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I tried the low pass cut-off at 60Hz and I have added The Warmtube plugin
after the low pass and before the Harmonic shifter in the hope to add more
harmonics.

The result is much better, I don't say it is perfect, but it is not any more
like the 80's sono

I will try to work on settings like the sharpness of the low pass filter,
right now it's a pretty sharp filter, may be it was not a good idea in terms
of harmonics.

I'll report latter.

Hello Tweed,

/Are you trying to generate a resultant? Basically are you trying to
replace the fundamental (in this case the actual low end) with the 'phantom'
fundamental generated by adding 2 harmonics above (musically, the octave
and octave plus 5th above that) to the actual fundamental and then somehow
removing the actual fundamental? /

I'm trying to generate the phantom fundamental and remove the fundamental,
that is right.
And I think that I did it.

But, I would like to have not only the second harmonic generated (60 Hz, the
fundamental becomes 120 Hz), I would like also to have 180, 240, 300, etc...
That is what I have added the TubeWarmer harmonic generator inside my
filter, it is set for adding harmonics like a triode tube.
I will make some measurments tomorow to check if it is working or not.

Anyway, the sound is already better.

Thank you all.
Jean