Re: [LAU] Childrens educational media and youtube promotions

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 09 2016 - 01:01:24 EEST

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 01:54:50PM +0200, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> We need some community support so that the youtube search ranking
>> algorithm(s) will give priority to the channel. It would be very helpful
>> if y'all could like/subscribe/comment/share/link to the channel.
>>
>> In return I will be happy to do the same for your videos and assist with
>> promoting via the "Linux Music Videos" playlist.
>
> Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing utterly disgusting
> (keeping in mind that it's done for profit) ?

You're not very specific.

For example, are you saying that asking the LAU community to help out with
promoting our new project is deplorable or that earning money by providing
children with educational material built around classical music and
fractal animations is disgusting or is it a political view about youtube
in general?

Or are you simply proposing that no one in the LAU community should make
any money out of their art?

BTW, I forgot to mention that I also try hard to maintain a relevant and
active stream on the "linuxaudio" twitter account so it would be
motivational to see something returned to me for this project.

I've been promoting Linux Audio for almost 20 years. I'm just asking some
of the people round here to visit the new youtube channel and help me with
the SEO. If that is not acceptable then maybe you know someone with young
kids who will appreciate the channel. So far we have had a lot of positive
feedback from other parents and the material has been screen tested with
children.

If you have young children then you may even want them to watch the videos
with you. It's not very often that something that is appropriate to share
with your kids comes along on this list.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd