Re: [LAU] Granular synthesis?

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2016 - 10:58:16 EEST

On 23/09/2016 15:03, Daniel Swärd wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-23 at 09:28 +0200, Carlo Ascani wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend something to use for granular synthesis? If
>>> possible, maybe a VST which runs on Linux.
>>>
>> This could be an option:
>> http://www.lorenzosu.net/pd/granita/
>
> Interesting.
>
>> It seems there are ways to run PD patches as VSTs:
>> https://puredata.info/docs/HowToInstallPdVst/
>>
>> Although I never tried
>
> Seems that it only runs on Windows. Anyway, I should be able to use pd
> and route it into Bitwig using jack and virtual midi devices.

Disclaimer: I made Granita :)

Indeed on Linux using jack is the best.

Although Granita was primarily intended to work on (existing) files, the
buffer (a.k.a. array in Pd) can be fed live through a kind of
'round-robin' looper (see the Vimeo video towards the end for an example).

If you like, let me/the mailing list know what your creative scenario is
and we might be able to suggest something more specific ;)

Lorenzo.