Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2016 - 00:15:15 EEST

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 20:40:43 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Inspired by this thread, I dared to coin the question 'how would
> you feel about an EQ plugin that analyses the track it's in, gets
> information from its peers in other tracks, and then adjusts itself ?'
>
> Result: general hilarity. Consensus was that this the most stupid
> thing ever suggested. Had to take some action to avoid damage to
> my own reputation.

I would laugh too.

EQ, in the general sense, is not used for such purposes as sketched
here. Subtractive, yes, perhaps. Since it might be fairly reasonable to
identify what to ditch out at the beginning of any mix job. But then
that's a perhaps.

When transposing the dynamics of this discussion a bit further, then no
wonder it's such a mess at the United Nations. Take what this guy
said, interpret it w/o fully understanding it, then serve it to
comparses for a good laugh.