Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2016 - 19:36:53 EEST

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:37:53 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 18:50:02 -0400, jonetsu wrote:

> >> ... my concerns are related to exactly this attitude. If the tool
> >> starts mixing, then why doesn't it finish the mix?

> >Do you expect your Big Muff to spit out Jimi Hendrix licks ?

> No, I expect my Boss Turbo OverDrive OD-2, just to overdrive the
> guitar sound. You compare apple and oranges.

You are just asking, quoted above, that the 'tool' should be able to
complete the mix.

At least, be consistent !

> >Frequency density and transient perception are affected by
> >compression.

> What are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

I will no respond to your question on this article. Everyone has to do
some effort to understand and apply concepts, so if you're interested,
please do it. It's actually quite interesting.

> >That the faders are the only thing you'd need, sure. As a hobbyist,
> >perhaps. Otherwise anyone else would do proper gain staging.

> Are you just trolling?

Anyone doing a mix will start by proper gain staging. That's it.

I am wondering since some time if you are trolling though. It's fair
game, I enjoyed the laugh, but there's a limit.

> What kind of "framework" do you want to get?

Re-read, and think more about it instead of shooting immediately, so to
speak.

> Could you describe a complete production of a two men project, 1
> acoustic guitar and 2 vocals.

So you can continue ? Guess.

> I doubt what that I'm the only one, who completely doesn't understand
> what you are talking about.

1) Can very well be, but the quality thereof varies.

2) It is certain you can all agree

> Please stop joking. It's completely unclear, if you a serious about
> anything of this thread.

Robin and Chris understand and have actually done work on a related
path. With the polarity optimizer I already mentioned, and the XT-TG.

What you could do at this point if you are really, really, really
serious is to think about it, or drop it.