Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2016 - 23:27:34 EEST

At some point the proper conclusion is not that everyone on LAU is either
mentally stunted, or maliciously taunting you, but rather that the
original description was not actually clearly stated.

I think a more concrete example would be helpful. I don't consider your
vaguely worded description of automating 3D placement sufficiently
detailed. In the limit that would be something like an automated panner
placing each track in a slightly different panned location, which does not
sound like something useful or desirable to me. Obviously you had in mind
something which you would find useful.

Yes, I did look at the Neutron video, it looked like something that would
be useful for two months while you first learn how to use a DAW, and that
would get turned off after you saw what "choices" it was making and why.
If you are going to have to adjust everything it does to fit your taste
anyway, might as well make the beginning settings yourself as well. I
assume it did not make you think that, so what did you see differently
than I did?

--
Chris Caudle