Re: [LAU] Diaspora (was Re: Generate "automagic" music videos with ffmpeg & friends)

From: Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2016 - 22:29:01 EEST

On 21/10/2016 20:16, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 02:54:32PM -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>
>> OK. Meanwhile there is currently a cyber attack going on on the US,
>> with at least one segment down affecting the east. Diaspora is still
>> available at the moment. Soundcloud is not (depending on your
>> location).
>>
>> The map shown at USA Today is getting worse than it was earlier today:
> Good. And it's only going to get better. Maybe this will make those
> in power think about mandatory security standards for the Things that
> make up the IOT. Today you can hire botnets consisting of half a
> million video recorders, fridges and toothbrushes. And that's because
> neither the manufacturers nor the users of those things care about
> security.
Funny, I thought about that just today : I once knew a world without IT
security. I was a child, 8 or 10 and my school had a late 70's CIE
MITRA15 mainframe, complete with the white blouse operator and the
punch-card reader, and an array of "consoles" in another room. You had
to fill the blanks in a Bob Dylan song (man gave name to all the
animals, in the beginning...) that was big on the radio at that time.
Yes, I'm that old, don't tell my fans :D Come to think of it, even at
that times, there must have been pirates. There are always pirates.
Still, how fantastic is a world where *you* simply *don't have to lock
the door*?

--
Yassin "xaccrocheur" Philip
http://manyrecords.com / http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org