Re: [LAU] Mixbus 32C (based on Ardour) and Reaper shootout

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2016 - 20:09:15 EEST

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, jonetsu wrote:

> And of course, the workflow is not in question. It was brought up
> here, but it's not the goal of the comparison.

except that workflow does affect the final product. For example, a knob in
plain view on MB and only in a plugin GUI that may not be on screen may be
adjusted on MB and not in Reaper. At least these are pretty simple mixes.
There is drums and a few guitars (vocals are glaring in their lack as the
projects the 32c are known for focus on vocals). The drums are most
complex to mix/set up, but seem to be pretty much the same from one to the
think) focus and vision. (no I do not mean eyesight)

So yes workflow is in question. From other comments there is a thumbs up
for MB workflow just because of how close the two mixes are with such a
short lead time.... or maybe not, we do not know how long the engineer
played with MB before this test. Even more missing info.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net