Re: [LAU] RT kernel

From: Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2016 - 12:35:12 EET

On 04/11/2016 10:11, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> use export CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=[...] if you want to build with
> several jobs. You could use fake root, if you dislike to build with
> root privileges. However, this are the commands you need to run, when
> building with root privileges.
(...)
> This is the Debian way to build a kernel, that works without failure for
> Ubuntu, too. Actually there's an Ubuntu way that is a little bit different.
> This is how I successfully build rt patched kernels for Ubuntu countless
> times.
>
> If you should be inexperienced in configuring a kernel, 1. oldconfig's and
> menuconfig's help, 2. Google and 3. this list are your friends, in exactly
> that order ;).
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
Thanks, nice procedure, quite straightforward (what would be the
differences in "the Ubuntu way"?) But I was really hoping to be able to
automate all this, alas the menuconfig phase always require human
intervention... Is there really no way to just (de)select the options
you need, programmatically?

Phil

Yassin Philip - New album out NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org