Re: [LAU] RT kernel

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2016 - 15:56:42 EET

On Fri, November 4, 2016 7:20 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Yes, rtirq does work for rt patched kernels, for 'normal' kernels, such
> as the lowlatency kernel, if 'threadirqs' is used. IOW for 'lowlatency'
> by default and for 'general' if you add the boot option 'threadirqs' to
> grub.cfg or somewhere in the config files for the config file.

Check the documentation for the version of kernel you are using, I think
the threadirqs behavior became the default at some point if the PREEMPT
config option was selected, but I do not remember which version. In other
words, new kernel versions may not require to add threadirqs to grub.cfg,
check the kernel command line documentation first.

--
Chris Caudle