Re: [LAU] New Music: Five of Cups

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2016 - 13:59:14 EET

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:11:40 +0000
Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> The music is prog rock, with a strong emphasis on keyboards and
> classic-era sort of sounds rather than more metal-influenced which is
> seeing a bit of a rennaissance these days.

The mix balance is quite good. I'm not listening to prog rock much
although style-wise, for a certain kind of prog, this sounds like it.
The vocals blends well with the music. As a product, it will not let
down people who like this style, both technically and musically,
considering that it is a one-man band in a home studio, which is a very
nice effort that can be put alongside many professional offerings. The
live drums contributes to the liveliness. It would have been very
difficult to produce the same quality of output with canned drums.

Cheers.