Re: [LAU] New Music: Five of Cups

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2016 - 11:00:25 EET

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 11:01:47AM +0100, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>> Once again, almost everything was produced on Linux using Ardour and other
>> Open Source software (though there are very few soft synths -- it's mostly
>> olde fashioned drums, guitars, voices and physical keyboards).
> Can you tell us a bit about the keyboards used? I see a Nord Stage and a
> Yamaha in your Live photo on the bandcamp site. Anything else?

Gladly ;)

Yamaha P90 piano, mostly with its own sound though I used PianoTeq for a
more classical sound in "From A Spark".

Hammond XK3c organ.

Prophet 08, played from the Nord Stage which appears a bit in its own right
too though it finds its place more as a live tool in my rig than it does in the
studio.

Apart from that there's some small cameos from some 80's synths and sound
modules, and from Calf Organ as a String Synthesizer emulation.

Effects and processing almost all C*, TAP, SWH and Calf plugins, though
there's a Line6 M9 on the Prophet 08.

Thanks for the feedback!

bjb