Re: [LAU] everything stops after 2.1GB

From: J. C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2016 - 21:08:39 EET

Nov 9 2016, Markus Seeber has written:
> Are you perhaps on a 32bit OS?
Yes, I am, but would that really effect the systems facility to read and
interpret 64bit integers in a file? After all, I thought 64bit
architectures are only necessary if you want to use more than 4GB of RAM
mainly and of course a few more optimisations on the CPU level when it
comes to working with 64BIT ints. I know that Csound can use 64bit
integers on a 32BIT platform. Was I really that wrong about it?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3