Re: [LAU] URGENT help needed: hardware problem - HDSP card

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 25 2016 - 10:52:34 EET

This happens with HDSP cards. RME has a page on it.

Their story is that some of the older HDSP cards require a voltage level
that the PSU fails to provide during booting, and if that happens, the card
is never visible to the BIOS. They have a h/w hack to work around it, but I
think their recommendation is to get a better PSU.

However ... this has happened to me with an HDSP card in a machine in which
it had worked for years. I did a kernel upgrade, and after the reboot, the
HDSP card was never seen again. I installed it in 3 other machines, and it
was not visible there either. This happened years ago (perhaps 4?) and I
never got the card working again; I also moved onto computing hardware with
no physical space for a PCI card like this.