Re: [LAU] [SOLVED] Crackles in audio, drifting intermittent noise etc.

From: termtech <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2016 - 03:35:37 EET

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:02:25 PM EST termtech wrote:
> THANK YOU! IT WORKS! AWESOME!
> Now I don't have to reboot to change cores!

Ehm... What? And I didn't need no stinking BIOS to do it either?
[Smacks palm against forehead.]
The original cheaper replacement PC had no such 'number of cores'
 BIOS setting. Yet it was a newer and significantly faster PC.

Hmm... I still have that PC here, to be returned to the shop.
Decisions, decisions... Acer or Asus... [LOL. Well, that was quick.]
I'll try to stick with this nicer Asus but get a faster CPU.

Thanks.
Tim.