Re: [LAU] RME HDSP 9652 priority issue

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2016 - 18:09:21 EET

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, Michael Jarosch wrote:

> Another Computer - another problem. :)
> Seems like my HDSP is no longer catched by rtirq-init. At least htop
> doesn't list this card in the "priority-view". And I get a lot of
> xruns... Wonder, if this has sth to do with systemd?
>
> Using Debian Testing with KXstudio-overlay.
>
> There was a handy tool to list the priority of Interrupts (and devices)
> but I can't find it anymore and I forgot it's name. (Sth like
> "rtprio"?)
>
> Or is using rtirq-init the old way and I should use rtkit instead? If
> yes, how?

/etc/init.d/rtirq status

If you think it is a problem with systemd, try
sudo /etc/init.d/rtirq restart
/etc/init.d/rtirq status

and see if that changes anything. If it does, systemd is running rtirq too
soon before the card driver is running. Maybe get rc.local to run it again
with a delay in front (sleep 10 or something).

Also check (with cat /proc/interrupts) if your Audio card still shows up
as snd-something. If not change the "RTIRQ_NAME_LIST=" in
/etc/default/rtirq to use whatever does show up... or if not it is
possible to use irq/17 in that line if you know which irq it uses and it
has it's own irq (it should, change the slot it is in if not) In any case,
I have found using just snd in "RTIRQ_NAME_LIST=" generally puts the
internal audio ahead of the card. I always use the full driver name or at
least enough to be unique. ("snd_ice snd_ens enp3s0" is my line)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net