Re: [LAU] RME HDSP 9652 priority issue

From: David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2016 - 02:30:45 EET

On Nov 30, 2016 10:17, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since I needed to delete around 10,500 spam mails, I also needed to
> delete a few mails I received from this list, so the thread is
> semi-broken. This mail isn't in reply to the OP, but in reply to Len's
> mail. I read it in the archive.
>
> Len wrote:
> "If you think it is a problem with systemd, try
> sudo /etc/init.d/rtirq restart"
>
> If this should be required, then something is fishy with
> systemd-sysv-generator.
>
> Run
>
>   systemctl status rtirq
>
> to check if systemd-sysv-generator has generated a unit and ask your
> distro to completely migrate to systemd or to completely switch back to
> init scripts. Hybrid distros are a PITA. It's idiotic to mix systemd
> with init scripts.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

I agree. I run Debian Testing. I don't consider systemd ready for prime time. It doesn't gracefully handle my daily situation:
1) Boot up laptop at home with access to my file shares there.
2) Take laptop to office, where I have no network connection at all - so no access to file shares.

Systemd works at home (well, when it doesn't try to mount the file shares BEFORE it has brought up the network connection).

At the office, it dumps me to an emergency boot systemctl wanting me to fix the errors: the missing file shares.

Init on Debian Testing doesn't have either of those problems.

David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com