Re: [LAU] Synth perc sounds howto

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 05 2016 - 13:04:03 EET

Am 05.12.2016 um 11:50 schrieb Jeremy Jongepier:
> Sounds like a Roland 808 snare sound. You might want to check out the
> snare ZynAddSubFX preset from the Mysterious bank #2.

Waldorf wrote a very good howto for their Attack drum synthesizer on how
to create some iconic electronic drum sounds. This also includes the 808
snare:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/phocadownload/Attack%20Downloads/Documentation/attackdrumsounds.pdf

I've applied this method to several hardware VA synths I have and, with
a bit of tweaking here and there, always got some convincing 808 snare
emulations.

Chris