Re: [LAU] Toggle Jack Transport CLI

From: <hollundertee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2016 - 11:43:00 EET

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 07:27:03 +0000
holger@dehnhardt.org wrote:

> >> I know, I know...
> >> that's why I wanted to send it to the Jack list to get it
> >> applied... I still did not do it sorry. Will try to send it this
> >> evening...
> >>
> >> Holger
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > no need to say sorry. Thanks for writing the patch.
> > If it gets applied it will make such scripts simpler in the future.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Philipp
>

> I made a pull request yesterday evening and Stéphane has already
> merged it. When it's released, toggling play state will be that easy:
> echo toggle | jack_transport >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> Holger

Thanks Holger!

In the meantime I used the hacky script successfully.
Super+J i3 shortcut that calls the script.
Super+J shortcut for SSR.
Ardour4 set to keep recording enabled and slaved to jack. Presto! A
hack on top of a hack, but it sort of works.
Jack-transport enabled SSR or somesuch would obviously be way better.

Regards,
Philipp