Re: [LAU] PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Dec 25 2016 - 22:44:51 EET

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 20:56:41 +0100, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 16:17:41 +0100
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> Apart from this, indeed, it doesn't harm to have a Linux compatible
>> USB audio interface, with 8 analog I/Os, so if possible, I want to
>> stay with the PreSonus. I'm even thinking of buying a second one,
>> because of my RME's ADAT issues.
>
>You could consider a babyface. I remember the manual had a section for
>ipad when I read it. Only gives you 2x4 i/o + adat/midi though. Or
>possibly the new babyface pro, which supposedly does 4x4
>+ adat/midi. Seems to work quite nicely with linux. It's also nice
>and small for bringing with you.

I only found dealers selling the Babyface Pro. Indeed, the manual
claims that there should be no issues with an iPad, but the card is too
expensive. Btw. just because there are claims about compatibility, this
isn't necessarily true. My AIO should work with Linux, too, but
actually only 2 ADAT channels are available by jack. The manual didn't
mention with what version of iOS the Babyface Pro does work. Anyway, if
it wouldn't be that expensive, I would order and test it.

Regards,
Ralf