Re: [LAU] Music: Freetidbit and 1 year of Soundcloud

From: John Murphy <rosegardener@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 01 2017 - 18:08:17 EET

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 18:34:38 -0500
jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

[...]
> Freetidbit' is using only synthesizers available for free and more
> specifically, u-he synthsizers that are available for free. The
> Triplecheese synth for instance provides bass, Podolski provides a
> melody, TyrellN6 some chords, Zebralette and Beatzille provides sounds
> and additional support. All these synths are available for free and
> runs natively in Linux. The drums OTOH are not free.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/freetidbit
>
> As always comments are welcomed.

I try to favour commercial products which support Linux, so it's good
to see u-he virtual synthesizers in beta testing for the platform. I've
been enjoying auditioning in their Zebra2 today. Time constraints stop
me doing much more than that, so the fifteen minute demo (until it goes
out of tune) works well for me. I tried their Repro yesterday. The demo
for that is noisy after a few minutes. I'll try the free ones as well.

The 'orange button' never sounded so good :)

Would be good if other commercial VST producers (I like d16 and Arturia)
support the Linux platform too. Rebooting to MS Windows for state-of-the-art
music tools hasn't been enjoyable. Wouldn't have wanted to miss the d-16
LuSH101 though.

I haven't used audio tools on Linux for some time and it's great to see
everything working so well, without much configuration on Mint 18. Ardour
is looking superb and I was able to find all I needed to know to get plugins
and my keyboard and interface working. Many thanks to all contributors and -

Happy new year!

u-he Linux Public Beta thread at KVRaudio:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=424953

--
John.