Re: [LAU] Music: Freetidbit and 1 year of Soundcloud

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Jan 02 2017 - 01:56:08 EET

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017, John Murphy wrote:
>On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 17:30:34 +0100 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> One reason for me to get an audio interface that works with iOS, is
>> to use synth such as the Arturia iSEM with Linux by MIDI and ADAT or
>> S/PDIF.
>
>Sincerely hoping that works out well for you. Their SEM is easily one
>of their very best creations.

Thank you,

yes it is, but I have to disagree with

>Virtual instruments are so much better than the originals in so many
>ways.

I own an Oberheim Matrix-1000. It was not expensive. Assuming a mixing
console or analog inputs of an audio interface shouldn't cause noise,
it is as free from noise, as a virtual synth. The sound of CEM Curtis
chips is much more impressive than any emulation.

A real advantage of virtual instruments IMO is another domain. Last
Black Friday I purchased Miroslav Philharmonik. The value-for-money
ratio is much better, than recording a real orchestra. It doesn't
replace a real orchestra, but for me a virtual orchestra is the only
orchestra I could get.

Regards,
Ralf