Re: [LAU] Introducing AVL Drumkits LV2!

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2017 - 15:01:11 EET

On 01/16/2017 01:57 AM, jonetsu wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 00:20:35 +0100
> Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Personally I think if you want nuances on HIHat and Snare there's no
>> way around recording a real drum-kit.
>
> Of course not if you consider, in general, physical modelling.
>
> And specifically, the u-he research group for instance:

They're doing an awesome job yes, but it's not even close to a real kit:

Now hit that thing on the side, try a rimshot, then take some brushes,
hot-rods and eventually throw some chains onto it.

Some physical models could describe that, but the interface is the
problem. There's some work on that end, too. but MIDI is not going to
cut it, which is what my point was.

ciao,
robin