Re: [LAU] Introducing AVL Drumkits LV2!

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2017 - 17:56:21 EET

On 01/16/2017 02:38 PM, hollundertee@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> I could not try it yet (@Ray, is there something I can help with at the
> packaging front?).

In case it helps: Thanks to Mira, it's on the way into debian:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-multimedia/avldrums.lv2.git
and of course Filipe has already packaged it for KXStudio.

> So the problem discussed here is that you can not prematurely turn off
> a sample that is playing?

.. or in case of the HiHat modify it dynamically: open, hit, close.
Also the smarts to stop an active HH sound when you trigger another one.
These details are not handled by avldrums.lv2.

For the cymbals there are choked hit samples. Those are fixed duration.
There are a HiHat Swish samples, but also fixed duration.

However in my experience playing with it, I didn't find it limiting. The
samples sound great and go a long way. It can also be mixed convincingly
e.g. https://soundcloud.com/glen-macarthur/avl-drumkits-red-zeppelin-5pc
 It certainly gets you over 90% for modern pop/rock.

Cheers!
robin