Re: [LAU] USB MIDI I/O for JACK?

From: Georg Krause <mail@email-addr-hidden-krause.net>
Date: Wed Jan 18 2017 - 23:38:49 EET

Am 18.01.2017 um 22:16 schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
> Do you have any example of a class-compliant USB MIDI device that
> does not work with the built-in Windows (or OS X, or Linux) driver?

I know that windows can work with class compliant devices without
driver, but there are some reasons (eg naming) why you dont want this.
For myself i dont use windows, so i cant tell you a device, but i red
some posts of people having problems, simply google "windows class
compliant problem" and you will find something (i found at least 2
german articles).

Maybe i was wrong, i cannot verify this because i dont use windows. I
dont wanted to start a discussion on this, just wanted to warn there
could be problems with windows (which wasnt the topic here anyway...).
And there should be a reason why my A&H Ice 16, which is class compliant
and works with linux, has drivers for windows.

~Georg