Re: [LAU] USB MIDI I/O for JACK?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2017 - 13:55:35 EET

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:17:08 +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>However, all the cheap adapters that look like this:
>http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ACGMOA6
>have a buggy firmware and should be avoided.

My "ID 170b:0011 Swissonic MIDI-USB 1x1" is one of those and it works
without issues. Jitter measurements are very good. Not good enough for
my taste, but that good, that nobody believes that I'm able to notice
the jitter. Bought in 2006 for less than 20,-€. Some computer
interfaces don't work with my self-build MIDI through box, most likely
I could readjust this by a pot inside the MIDI through box, but I don't
care, since they all work with my synth. However, I prefer my PCI and
PCIe interfaces, because they cause less MIDI jitter.