Re: [LAU] preventing pulseaudio from capturing a certain audio device

From: Alexandre DENIS <contact@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2017 - 11:26:00 EET

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 00:08:07 +0100
Michael Jarosch <riotsound@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi, there!
>
> I've searched for this topic and the only thing I got were some
> obscure methods to keep some usb-devices from being occupied by
> pulseaudio...

Hi,

As already by others, you can disable the device in pavucontrol, but it
has to be done for each user on a multi-user system, and the config does
not survive unpluging of the device.

For a system-wide solution compatible with hot-pluging, you can write an
udev rule that basically tells udev to not notify pulseaudio about the
given device. Example is given here:
https://jamielinux.com/blog/tell-pulseaudio-to-ignore-a-usb-device-using-udev/

-a.