Re: [LAU] Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

From: John Murphy <rosegardener@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 27 2017 - 22:41:30 EET

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:30:44 +0000
Felipe Ferreri Tonello <eu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> So, you can use your Seaboard RISE with USB just fine on Linux.
>
> PS: How do you find using your RISE? Are you interested in having the
> Equator synth and Dashboard applications on Linux? If so let me know, I
> can arrange these for you (or anyone else). We, at ROLI, want to release
> a beta version for Linux, it will be great to know if users are
> interested in it.

Hi Felipe,

Sadly, I just couldn't get on with it. I'm not a good player and I was
surprised how much I need to look at the keys, which are hard to see in
my dimly lit room. I was able to return it thanks to 'Distance Selling'
regulations in the UK. Wish I could have kept it just for the looks.

I was able to try it in Windows 7. I'm not sure if the Equator and
Dashboard apps would be appreciated by Linux users, but perhaps an
easy way to change the Dashboard settings would be easier than porting
quite graphical applications.

Great that you put so much work into Linux with permission from ROLI.
My best regards to you and your employer.

--
John.