Re: [LAU] USB MIDI controller - update

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2017 - 20:54:18 EET

My nice new BFC2000 was delivered yesterday, and I'm very pleased with it. It
has an astonishing range of configuration possibilites, and unlike many units
is reasonably quick and easy to program from the unit itself.

You can set up preset 'scenes' which will not only set the functions of all the
controllers, but also will set the physical positions of those 8 sliders.

The faders can be ordinary CCs, specifically pitch bend or any NRPN. The NRPNs
can be full 14 bit data or 7 bit and can be absolute or incremental.

There is a standard foot switch socket and a foot pedal (pot) socket.

It can be set up for various combinations of hardware and/or USB MIDI.

I can't confirm the resolution of either the pitch bend or NRPN modes, but it is
greater than the accuracy of the sliders themselves - when used as an NRPN and
steadily moving the slider up, a fractional movement can actually send a
slightly lower value - which suggests it's reading discontinuites in the
carbon track.

Overall Will's a happy bunny :)

--
Will J Godfrey