Re: [LAU] JACK recovery

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2017 - 19:02:31 EET

Am 03.02.2017 um 17:47 schrieb Mac:
> Are you implying that your app will restart JACK when it is the
> condition I describe?

No. My app ist just an example of an app that uses Python to control
JACK via DBUS, something that your app could do too.

> On another note:
>
> I cloned the git repository. Confirmed the depends.

From the readme (bottom):

"If you want to install jack-select from a Git repository clone, you'll
also need the Python docutils to build the man page from the ReST
source. If you want to create the ReST version of the README from the
Markdown source, you'll also need pandoc (only neccessary when you want
to create a source distribution archive)."

> Or:
>
> sudo make install-user

That should be "make install-user" (like it says in the readme).

> python setup.py install --user
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "setup.py", line 4, in <module>
> import setuptools
> ImportError: No module named setuptools

Install python-setuptools (or a similar named package, if you're not on
a Debian-like system). This isn't mentioned in the readme, since
setuptools nowadays is the status-quo universal requirement for
installing Python build / packages from source. All modern Linux distros
install this by default, AFAIK.

Chris