Re: [LAU] Artiphon

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2017 - 12:16:03 EET

Am 17.02.2017 um 11:06 schrieb Bill Purvis:
> I came across web pages and videos of this device.
>
> http://artiphon.com.
>
> I'm quite tempted but thought I'd ask if anyone has tried one.
> The reviews seem to go for Apple (iOS) software, but the blurb
> implies that it is just a midi device, so it should be usable
> on Linux.
>
> Any opinions?

On the page it says:

"Getting Connected

Because the INSTRUMENT 1 is iOS and MIDI-compatible, it works with
hundreds of mobile apps like GarageBand, Animoog, and SampleTank. You
can also connect to your Mac or PC via USB to control Ableton Live,
ProTools, Logic, Mainstage, and many others."

And in the picture above the connector is labeld with "MIDI over USB &
Lightning)".

This implies to me that it is a USB MIDI compliant device.

But the proper way to make sure is to ask the manufacturer:

http://artiphon.com/contact/

Chris