Re: [LAU] Artiphon

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2017 - 17:41:03 EET

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:21:54 +0000, Bill Purvis wrote:
>On 17/02/17 11:26, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 05:32:25 -0500, jonetsu wrote:

>>> Looks fun. Although there's an app to configure it. Does it run in
>>> wine ?
>> Less expensive and with strings:
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Black-Beginners-Compatible-Connectivity-Zivix/dp/B0149YRRXA/ref=pd_sbs_267_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KC3B37XQX9PX7372BKMS
>>
>> I never heard about those devices before.
>Nor me! I looked at the Jamstick, but didn't fancy that. I'm a bass
>player and those
>thin strings would be pain with my delicate fingers! ;-)

I'm not that optimistic, IOW I don't think that those strings have a
real guitar string tension. More likely they are slackly and won't hurt
princess and little school girl fingers. From the tactile point of view
I've gut serious "prejudices". I've got tendencies to use my keyboard
to play drum samples and usually ignore my elCheapo drum pads, so I'm
careful with buying some other plastic gear. All the times I had the
money to buy a MIDI pickup for my guitar, I bought something else to
make music. I suspect that a MIDI pickup is more usable, than those new
devices and I also guess that most of us will find something more
useful for the money. However, I might be mistaken. If I would have
"enough" money, I would buy both devices ;). It would be nice to play
cords and tunes on a guitar alike thingy, perhaps the nature of those
devices would allow to play cords and tunes at the same time, as
Stanley Jordan does on a "normal" guitar.