Re: [LAU] I had a scary reminder.

From: <info@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2017 - 23:57:51 EET

Hi Will, Sounds like you are firing on all cylinders to me, very lush, warm sounds and a wonderful sense of space. Very appealing to the ears like a big 'ole sonic hug :) I agree when you are balancing both the pragmatic and artistic sides of music production one can detract from the other, glad the pendulum swings back and forth at least, keep up the great work! Glen ----- Original Message ----- From: "Will Godfrey" <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden> To:<linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden> Cc: Sent:Sun, 19 Feb 2017 18:15:17 +0000 Subject:[LAU] I had a scary reminder. It's very easy to get so engrossed in coding that you lose track of what it's all about. Well after some heavy sessions - especially last December - I thought I needed a break, so sat down to play some of my old compositions. Only I couldn't! I was stumbling badly over stuff I used to rattle off one after another without a thought. Somewhat in panic, towards the end of January I started practicing at least one of these every day. At first it was singularly depressing, but today I actually managed three of them in sucession with hardly any faults. Rather pleased with myself, I then went on to just play whatever came to mind, and soon found myself in the 'zone' - something else that's been quite absent resently. So this is what I came up with. I hope you like it. http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Genesis.ogg I shall continue practicing :) -- Will J Godfrey http://www.musically.me.uk Say you have a poem and I have a tune. Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song. _______________________________________________ Linux-audio-user mailing list Linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user