Re: [LAU] [Music] During Rain

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2017 - 00:38:19 EET

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 06:00:59 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hey Will,
>
> On 02/26/2017 03:16 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 08:59:27 -0500
> > Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/during-rain-for-will
> >>

> > Well that was a delightful surprise :)
>

> Thanks, Will. As I mentioned elsewhere, the music was made while a light
> rain fell during an unseasonably warm day here. The atmosphere reminded
> me of aspects of your music that I enjoy, particularly your
> representation of what I call an "enchanted nature".

Sometimes I think I should be more adventurous. I just tend to play what comes
(no idea where from).

> > You do realise I won't be able to resist that MIDI file don't you?
> >

> That is the point. :)
>
> I've rendered the file with ZynFusion and Yoshimi too. All versions have
> their charm but I decided to upload the Hexter version and make the MIDI
> file available to anyone who wants a different rendering.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

I decided to just go for 'softer' instruments. 'Vibraphone' for the arps, and
'Silver Bell' for the melody. I also only kept the fade out on the arps. In
every other respect I thought making changes would detract rather than enhance.

https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/rainchimes

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk