[LAU] Setting programs in Calf Fluidsynth

From: Bill Purvis <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 04 2017 - 14:34:00 EET

A technical question for those familiar with MIDI coding, in particular
with Fluid.

I've been writing a little program to simplify selecting instruments
with Calf Fluidsynth.
With the standard General Midi voices it works fine, but I wanted to be
able to select the
additional voices from the Fluid3-GM.sf2 patches. I managed to figure
out the bank/patch
numbers using Swami (is there an easier way to list them?) and modified
my code to send
bank select parameters (0xB0, 32, bank#) before the patch number but it
doesn't seem to
affect Fluid. It just sets to the equivalent standard GM voice. I can
set the the additional
ones by clicking the Fluid voice select buttons, but it's tedious
scrolling up and down the
long list of voices. My program divides the voices into categories and
displays the patches
in that category (defined by a simple text file).

So, am I using the right codes for bank select with Fluid? My list of
midi parameters says
0xb0+chan, 00, MSB, 0xb0+chan, 32, LSB for bank selects.

Also, I'd like to select the drum kits, which seem to have a bank of 128
which I assume
needs setting the MSB=1, but does that apply for Fluid?

Many thanks if you can help.

Bill