Re: [LAU] Grid Looper

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2017 - 23:46:41 EET

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Olli <olli@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hey,

Hi Olli,

> does anyone know of a grid looper, either as soft- or hardware? I am
> looking for a looper that organizes the loops in a grid, allowing one
> loop to be active per column and activating all loops in a row with one
> action.
>

> Luppp¹ is doing pretty much what I am looking for but has some
> drawbacks: mainly no Jack sync and no stereo.

Agreed, the lack of JACK sync is not ideal, there is some talk about rework
in this area:
https://github.com/openAVproductions/openAV-Luppp/issues/152

Re Stereo; the mono tracks can be panned to stereo in the mixer now (latest
Git),
but there is not (yet?) true stereo in the sense of loading stereo audio
content.

Stereo FX is tracked here, +1 it if you feel it should be prioritized :)
https://github.com/openAVproductions/openAV-Luppp/issues/169

For true stereo support, i've just opened an issue here:
https://github.com/openAVproductions/openAV-Luppp/issues/174

> Thanks a lot,
> Olli
>

> ¹ http://openavproductions.com/luppp/

The motivation for developing Luppp was pretty much exactly your question :)

--
http://www.openavproductions.com