Re: [LAU] Two new pieces

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 15 2017 - 21:38:13 EET

On 03/15/2017 02:52 PM, jonetsu wrote:
>> Have you chosen a *post-natal* bagua representation for the ocotoco
>> piece on purpose ? :)
> Since there's silence about this...

I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

During 38 years practicing t'ai-chi I've occasionally consulted the
i-ching so the rest was at least familiar. :)

> There are two major kinds of efficiency. One is based on operational
> analysis, the other is based on exposing the coherence of internal
> processes. The latter was proved to be as efficient although very
> foreign to our thoughts and beliefs which are primarily based on some
> aspects of ancient Greece and reinforced through the centuries.
> Traditional Chinese approach, the one that permeated the Chinese
> culture, is based on the interaction of processes and was developed
> totally in parallel to our ways of thinking, of seeing the world.

Well-stated.

A culture that has more or less successfully integrated Taoism,
Confucianism, and Buddhism (and now, it seems, communism and capitalism)
is a one worth investigating deeply.

Chen Jia Gou is calling for me...

Sye-sye, gege ! :)

dp