Re: [LAU] Arch Wiki Professional_audio

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2017 - 17:39:33 EEST

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:16:51 +0200, Michael Jarosch wrote:
>IMHO in EVERY live situation, not only in some

Live situations and latency are an issue that requires an additional
Wiki or at least a separated section of the same Wiki.

For live usage there are several things to consider, e.g. travel time of
the sound waves.

This isn't my domain, feel free to contribute to the Wiki.

Note, that a lot of digital audio gear comes with latencies of 5ms or
more. IIRC the Behringer V-AMPs have latencies of > 5ms. I own one of
the smaller V-AMP multi effects, but prefer my analog Boss, VOX,
Ibanez, not regarding the latency, but because the analog effects are
much easier to use. Anyway, don't expect that latencies between 1 ms and
5 ms are wide spread values.

Regards,
Ralf