Re: [LAU] Hardware - Soundcard - MOTU Ultralite AVB - Working Gnu/Linux Debian 8.7

From: list <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2017 - 02:22:48 EEST

Le Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:06:58 -0700 (PDT),
Len Ovens <len@ovenwerks.net> a écrit :

> Thank you for your report. That is one of the AIs I have been looking
> at to replace my aging delta66. I have been looking at that one both
> because it is USB 2.0 compliant (as your report comfirms) and because
> it has AVB (and is therefore expandable) which I would like to
> experiment with. I have already picked up an intel i210 NIC (two of
> them actually) for this purpose.

You're welcome. I hope it will help anyone looking for information
about this card. I've never found clear answer about this card. Alsa's
cards list is so outdated (most of the cards are not even produced)

I though too, that USB 2.0 compliant, means «work with linux» but it's
not always the case.
Remember :
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2014-September/099206.html

I've mailed Sound Devices at the time to make a change in the
firmware :

12/10/14 à 4:58 PM
xxx@@sounddevices.com

Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting Sound Devices. I don't know when or if they
will make this request available but I will gladly pass this request to
engineering for future firmware consideration. Thanks.

Best Regards,
xxx

--
xxx
Tech Support

> While motu does mention linux on their site for these IFs, I suspect
> it is a side effect of making it work easy with MacOS (which comes
> with AVB built in) and being AVB compliant where things need to be
> controlable over the net. Still, "works for me".
Yep...the same here :) Happy with that.
Good soundcard, all the controls available. Known worse.
Still surprised from MOTO who in my memory is listed as «hostile» to
free/opensource/linux....
All the best.