Re: [LAU] Sonic Visualiser 3.0 released

From: Bernardo Barros <bernardo.barros@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2017 - 06:39:35 EEST

On 4/1/17 8:51 PM, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> I think, distribution do not package unspecified git repo states as
> packages in their stable package repositories* for a reason. I think
> that's a good thing and not a limitation.

Well, developers know better. They have their reasons, and I have no
intent not to trust them and instead listen to a third-party ranfom
packager that has no in-depth knowledge of either projects.

It's quite different from a random git package from aur... The
developers made this decision, they need this code. Their judgment is
certainly more reliable than any one putting together a "distro".

The "problem" starts when you want to fit the world in this packaging
madness. Just include the code in the source and stop following
meaningless rules... geez