Re: [LAU] Linux Audio: An overview

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 03 2017 - 20:15:52 EEST

Hey Will!

Not sure who are you replying to, since you are quoting my link, but in my
article I say nothing about musicians not understanding hardware/software,
this was something that Len said.

I personally cannot agree with what Len said. This is not the 70s.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:05:23 +0200
> Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone!
> >
> > A while back I wrote an article, an overview of Linux Audio. Posting it
> > here, just in case people will find it of interest. Do read the
> disclaimer,
> > *this article is but my personal opinion ;)*
> >

> I find this disappointingly negative, but the only thing I really take
> exception
> to is the idea that few musicians understand the hardward/software.
>
> I know quite a number of people who are either currently or retired
> professional
> recording engineers, broadcast enginners, electronic engineers, sound
> designers
> and DJs.
>
> All of them can, and do play at least one instrument well. Several are
> multi-instrumentalists.
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk
> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/