[LAU] pavucontrol (Re: Linux Audio: An overview)

From: Peter <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 03 2017 - 20:42:32 EEST

Dear Bob,

Am 03.04.2017 um 19:22 schrieb Bob van der Poel:
> Ummm, gotta ask ... what dialog? I don't want to turn hijack a thread ... but I use Ubuntu (and PulseAudio). Would love a dialog to get jack going.

Note: I'm using a German localization, and I'll translate the menu items, but they might actually be named differently.

start 'pavucontrol' (maybe you have to install it first: sudo apt-get install pavucontrol)

then the most right menu should be "Configuration" .

There you you should see your sound cards.
Choose the one you would like to use within jack, go the profile menu, where you can select between "stereo, 5.1, ..".
The last option is "off". Once you choose that, pulseaudio releases it and it can be used by jack.

You still have to choose that sound card within e.g. qjacktctl as the desired sound card.
That's all I had to do.

Good luck,
best regards,
Peter